Friday, September 17, 2010

What's Brewing? BREW Boston!

Hours seem fleeting these days but some great things have come as a result of that including a renewed energy, surprising inspiration and amazing relationships.  I have to keep moving and organizing to make it through to the next day but the option to sit still and wilt doesn't play into my nature, so I am grateful for all that has come my way.

In a month, BREW Boston will be upon us and being part of the BREW Crew this summer has been a real honor on many levels.

First, I have met an incredible group of people.  From friends of BREW who have helped us spread the word, to a great team on the BREW Crew including Bobbie Carlton, Joe Caruso, and Brian Gladstein to our partners like Antler, SCVNGR, Fresh Tilled Soil and Constant Contact, just to name a few.

Second, it has opened my eyes to the incredible resources in Boston.  I live in the suburbs. I travel the major highways in the area.  I move from one place to another.  I never stop to look and learn more about what is happening in our great city.  Wow! Innovation. Creativity. Entrepreneurship. Comradeship. 

Lastly, I found great support. These economic times are tough.  I'm among the statistic of unemployed in the US and it's frightening...but with every handshake and introduction is a sense of support.  Networks have a way of reminding you that you aren't just a number, but a person. And in time, things can and will work out.

Thanks for helping me BREW up a renewed sense of self and helping me to look inward a little over the past few months.

Now let's get that BREW party started and attend the events to support the amazing entrepreneurship in and around Boston!!

No comments:

Post a Comment